back to top
Google search engine
HomeOlympiaEerie social media post by 40-year-old Mr. Olympia bodybuilder comes to light...

Eerie social media post by 40-year-old Mr. Olympia bodybuilder comes to light after tragic death


Former Mr. Olympia competitor Dwayne Quamina has died at the age of 40, just weeks after sharing a message urging his followers to stop taking life for granted.

Quamina, better known as “King Q”, died suddenly on Sunday, August 16, according to reports and a social media announcement from his wife, Leah Jerez. His cause of death has not been disclosed.

The Trinidad and Tobago-born bodybuilder had competed professionally in the 212 division and had most recently taken part in the Lenda Murray Atlanta Pro in Georgia on August 9, finishing sixth. The event would prove to be his final bodybuilding competition.

His death has prompted an outpouring of tributes from the bodybuilding community, while an earlier motivational post has taken on a particularly poignant meaning following his sudden passing.

Dwayne Quamina’s eerie final message to fans

On July 28, less than three weeks before his death, Quamina posted a message on Instagram encouraging his more than 100,000 followers to make the most of their lives.

“Stop taking life for granted go all the way and have zero regrets when it’s all over!!” he wrote.

Quamina followed that message with further motivational posts, including one in which he encouraged his audience to “stop negotiating with your potential”. The posts were consistent with the content Quamina regularly shared as an online coach and fitness personality. However, following his death, the July 28 message has taken on a more haunting significance for those who followed him.

Dwayne Quamina’s bodybuilding career

Quamina built his career in the IFBB Pro League’s 212 division, which is limited to competitors weighing no more than 212 pounds. Before becoming a professional, he won the 2016 NPC USA Championships, earning his professional status. He then won the 2017 Europa Phoenix Pro in the 212 division, defeating Shaun Clarida and a field of other established competitors.

His biggest international achievement came at the 2018 Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas. Quamina finished 10th in the 212 division, behind eventual champion Flex Lewis and several other future stars of the category.

He later stepped away from competitive bodybuilding before returning to the professional stage in 2025. His comeback immediately produced another strong result. Quamina finished third in the 212 division at the 2025 Chicago Pro, behind Frankie Mercado and Bo Lewis. He also competed at the Lenda Murray Atlanta Pro in 2025, before returning to the event again this year. His sixth-place finish in Atlanta on August 9, 2026, was his final competitive appearance.

Quamina was also a U.S. Navy veteran

Quamina’s life extended well beyond bodybuilding. He served in the U.S. Navy for more than a decade before turning his attention to the fitness industry. Speaking at a bench press event in California last year, Quamina reflected on the sense of community he experienced during his military service.

“As a veteran, when I got out, the sense of brotherhood is often missed,” he said, according to the New York Post.

After leaving the Navy, he developed a career as a bodybuilder, coach, and fitness personality, building a substantial social media following along the way. He is survived by his wife, Leah, and their children.

Bodybuilding community pays tribute to Dwayne Quamina

News of Quamina’s death has stunned fellow competitors, particularly because he had been competing just days earlier. Bodybuilder Karol Małecki, who competed at the Atlanta Pro alongside Quamina, described the circumstances as difficult to comprehend.

“It’s absolutely tragic. We competed together just a week ago at the Atlanta Pro. It’s hard to believe he’s gone,” Małecki said.

Former 212 champion Shaun Clarida also paid tribute to Quamina, remembering the memories they shared both on and off the bodybuilding stage. Quamina’s sudden death has left the bodybuilding community mourning a competitor whose career included a Mr. Olympia appearance, a professional title and a successful comeback to the sport. For many of his followers, however, it is his message from July 28 that will now be remembered most.

“Stop taking life for granted” has become an especially poignant message following the unexpected death of the 40-year-old bodybuilder.

Related stories

Get closer to the game! Whether you like your soccer of the European variety or that on this side of the pond, our AS USA app has it all. Dive into live coverage, expert insights, breaking news, exclusive videos, and more. Plus, stay updated on NFL, NBA and all other big sports stories as well as the latest in current affairs and entertainment. Download now for all-access coverage, right at your fingertips – anytime, anywhere.

And there’s more: check out our TikTok and Instagram reels for bite-sized visual takes on all the biggest soccer news and insights.





Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments